Google+

The Cover Story -- Mommy Time Review

Disclosure: Kregel Publications sent me a copy of this book free of charge for this review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation.  As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation.

Today I am sharing with you a book in my favorite genre--mystery!! Mary Higgins Clark has been my favorite author for a very long time, but Deb Richardson-Moore is challenging that with The Cover Story. This book was released yesterday!


This story shares the life of a college student heading home for the holidays when her car gets forced off the road by an old hearse. Her aunt happens to be a local reporter and begins to investigate. There are so many twists and turns in this book and it is not predictable, which most mysteries I find to be. I did not know until the end who the culprits were and the murder count grew throughout the book. 

The story is set in northeast Georgia. The characters are well developed. The relationships are involved yet easy to follow and figure out. It amazes me how the homeless society is pulled into this book and how the story weaves together the homeless, the reporter, and the local private college and its sororities and fraternities. The eerie feeling the characters feel can be felt by the reader. It is really an amazing story. 

This is the second book in the Branigan Powers Mystery Series. I have to say I cannot wait to read the first one. This book kept me on the edge of my seat and I had trouble putting it down. I stayed up way too late several nights while reading this book even while fighting a cold and being exhausted. It is a must read and it will keep you engrossed. 

If you are looking for a fun book to read this summer, be sure to check this one out!!