Google+

Banana Muffins

We had some ripe bananas so we made some banana muffins. It is a relatively easy recipe. I changed it from my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.

Mix:
1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup ground almond meal flour
1 cup oatmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 chopped/ground walnuts

Hazel mixed the dry ingredients while on the phone with my sister! I had to hold the bowl for her.

In a different bowl beat an egg and then mix in:
1 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cups grated/pureed carrots
2 overripe bananas mashed

Hazel stopped helping at this point but came back to help scoop into the pan. Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. The batter is a bit thick. Then spray a muffin pan and preheat oven to 400. Scoop into muffin pan. Then bake for 20 minutes. Cool for a bit before eating.

Enjoy!!

This is where I share....

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee, love the photo of Hazel chatting on the phone while baking! What wonderful multitasking skills :-) And they sound tasty indeed!

    Thanks for sharing on Happy lil ❤'s are baking x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe. Maybe I should make some to freeze for when Baby comes mid summer!

    My Happy Lil Hearts are Baking post is here: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-tuesday-homemade-granola.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!