Google+

Vegetable Baked Ziti

Since my husband is Catholic, he tries not to eat meat on Fridays during Lent. Since neither of us eat fish, this makes Friday meals a bit hard. Here is a recipe for baked ziti I came up with adding as many vegetables as he will tolerate. If I wasn't making this during Lent I would add a pound of ground turkey breast to the recipe.

Vegetable Baked Ziti

Your Recipe
6 PointsPlus Value (Weight Watchers)
Prep time:  20 min
Cook time:  30 min
Serves: 8

Ingredients

Instructions

  • Cook pasta. While pasta is cooking saute zucchini and garlic in oil. Add spinach and carrots when zucchini is looking basically cooked. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and herbs and parmesan cheese. Turn to low. After pasta is drained, combine in pan with ricotta. Mix. Then stir in sauce. Pour into 13 by 9 inch pan. Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. 
 Enjoy!!
    Pin It

    2 comments:

    1. I think this looks great! Thanks for the recipe!

      ReplyDelete
    2. This sounds delicious. My two year old doesn't eat meat so this might be a keeper. Thanks!

      ReplyDelete

    I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!